Consumer alert

I just heard this from the Better Business Bureau:  there is a product called ‘Real Ham Bone’ for dogs.  It has made a number of dogs extremely sick this past week and they are looking into a possible recall.

   The problem is the bone (it is a real bone) slivers after it is ingested and it lacerates the stomach and intestines.  Please don’t give a dog any kind of real bone.  They can also create a major blockage of the digestive tract and often times surgery is the only option.  Just letting you know what is out there, and we all love safe and happy pets!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s